J. Bryant Boyd, Design Build is currently seeking a qualified and highly motivated construction superintendent to join our Georgetown, Texas team. Our superintendent is a leader whose primary responsibility is to supervise construction activity for each project on a daily basis to ensure completion of the work on schedule, within budget, safely and in a quality manner. We are looking for a quality individual that shares our values of honesty, integrity, and team collaboration.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 5 years of experience in residential or wood frame construction projects as a construction superintendent or assistant construction superintendent.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Thorough knowledge of residential construction including building codes, trade sequencing, and best building practices.
- Ability to read and understand architectural plans and specifications.
- Ability to plan ahead, remain calm and focused and effective under time pressure.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Possesses the keen ability to schedule, track progress, and understand current status completed to the project schedule.
- Strong attention to detail with regard to finish work and overall quality workmanship.
- Practical understanding of building codes and accessibility codes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent education and/or training.
- Working knowledge of project management software.
- Prior experience working for a design build firm.
Qualitative and Other Attributes Required:
- Ability to plan ahead and organize a team effort.
- Good client management and goodwill building ability.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams.
- Ability to identify issues and facilitate solutions.
- Strong focus on quality control.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Ensure job safety requirements are met.
- Must have a clean driving record.
Our Benefits Include:
- Employer contributions towards Health Insurance plan
- Dental and Vision Insurance plans
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Paid PTO days: Vacation, Holidays, and Sick
- Use of company truck
J. Bryant Boyd, Design Build is an equal opportunity employer.